Tai Calon – Swfrydd Roofing & EWI
- Contract Period – 5 months (Jan to May 2019)
- Contract Value – £1,185,000
- Type of Goods – Roofing & EWI
Jefferies is working in partnership with Tai Calon to improve their property stock by replacing main roofs, wall ties, removing cavity wall insulation and installing insulated render to 26no. Blocks of flats. The work was carried out throughout the Blaenau Gwent area and we offered a fully managed service acting as Principle Contractor.
Project Overview & Volumes
- Main pitched roofing – 26no. blocks (250m2 per block)
- EWI & Render – 26no. blocks (320m2 per block)
- Render only – 52 outhouses
- RWG renewals – 26no. blocks
- Gas Works – All blocks
- Chimney refurbishments & removals
- SVP renewals – 6no. blocks
- Asbestos removal – All blocks
- All 26 blocks were tenanted throughout the works
The work is part of an EWI & roofing scheme. Work was undertaken to 26 tenanted & leaseholder blocks of flats and completed in five months. Before commencement, Jefferies worked closely with the Tai Calon CoW to produce the best programme to suit all parties. The programme and risk register were completed in collaboration with Tai Calon to minimise disruption and to ensure health and safety to all tenants and the public were protected. Any particular areas of risks were highlighted to Jefferies and our site team ensured these were monitored more closely to prevent accidents/issues arising.
The team worked in closely with Tai Calon CoW, Project Manager and the tenants to ensure the programme was fully understood and were flexible in assisting to solving problems proactively. Customer satisfaction surveys were given to each tenant in order to ensure we constantly developed and improved our service resulting in exceptionally high levels of tenant satisfaction.
- Regeneration in several areas of Blaenau Gwent; improving the quality of living for tenants
- Providing additional wall tie replacement to improve the integrity of the buildings
- Increased efficiencies and cost savings through working on multiple streams for the client
- Additional variations being completed within project timeframe
- All works currently completed to date with no snags or any defects raised