- Client : Caerphilly County Borough Council
- Location : Gelligaer
- Value : £1m
- Commencement Date : January 2017
- Duration : 6 months
- Works Carried Out : Externals and Environmental Works
The general scope of works were general repairs and improvements to an existing council estate and to the externals of council properties.
The scope of works included civil engineering works such as demolition and renewal of footpaths, footways, driveways, shared driveways and carriageway renewals/resurfacing works; together with further works such as roof renewals, fascia, soffit, rain water goods renewals, boundary and retaining wall repairs, removal and replacement of external fencing, repairs to external sheds, bin stores and garages and new external painting works to the properties and metal railings.
Not only did the work itself have to be managed effectively, but also the site logistics challenges which had to be managed included:
- Working on a live site
- Daily liaison with tenants
- Proximity to and liaison with a nearby infant school
- All the properties worked on were occupied and access for the residents was a priority
- Timing of material deliveries and handling material storage
- Removal of debris materials, and control of noise and dust
- Parking of contractors’ vehicles, and road safety & traffic management